Since 1921, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has provided the business and residential community resources, programs, and services to maintain economic vitality and quality of life. The Chamber offers a broad spectrum of benefits that help make Hollywood “a better place to live, work, and play.”
Chamber membership offers numerous benefits:
Representing Interests of Business with Government
- The Legislative Action Committee monitors legislative developments at the local, state, and federal levels and works to identify, support, or oppose legislation that may impact local business.
- The Chamber board has adopted a policy allowing it to endorse business-friendly political candidates who work toward creating jobs, a strong economy, and support the many diverse industries represented in Hollywood.
- In partnership with five other area Chambers, the Hollywood Chamber supports the entertainment industry, guilds, and associations on legislation and policy and holds quarterly luncheons on current topics.
- The Healthcare Committee addresses important health care issues facing Hollywood. As one of the leading industries in Hollywood, the health care industry represents more than 10,000 jobs in Hollywood.
- The Chamber works closely with the Los Angeles Police Department to promote public safety and funding for the LAPD’s Hollywood Division.
Creating a Strong Economy
- The Annual Economic Development Summit updates attendees on new Hollywood residential and commercial developments, as well as historic rehabilitations and remodels.
- The Economic Development Committee coordinates efforts to attract and retain businesses in Hollywood and mobilizes to gain approval for projects important to Hollywood’s revitalization.
- Continuing to improve Hollywood’s business districts, the Chamber works closely with the Hollywood Entertainment District, and the Media, East Hollywood, and Sunset Boulevard Business Improvement Districts.
- A strong advocacy role is played by the Chamber on citywide issues that will impact business, such as inclusionary zoning and business tax reform.
Networking & Promoting Your Business
- With a distribution of 10,000, the Hollywood Guide is the most useful and information-filled publication of its type for the Hollywood community.
- More than 2,000 Chamber members and community leaders receive the Chamber’s newsletter, Hollywood Business Advocate. New Chamber members receive an introductory profile, a “welcome new members” listing in Businesses You Need to Know, and a plaque presentation photo in the newsletter.
- Each week, the Chamber’s electronic newsletter, Hollywood Connect, keeps members up-to-date on important issues and promotes member businesses.
- The Chamber’s website, www.HollywoodChamber.net, receives web traffic from around the globe. The site lists member information, links directly to members’ websites, and offers exclusive advertising opportunities to members.
- The Business Expo, monthly Business After Hours Mixers, Luncheons, and other events provide members the opportunity to network, build business relationships, and gain valuable information.
- The Chamber’s Tourism Committee works closely with local, city, and state agencies to encourage tourism in Hollywood and organizes efforts to allow tourism businesses to pool their resources to benefit and promote Hollywood.
- The world-renowned Hollywood Walk of Fame is a cherished landmark affording Hollywood worldwide publicity for the community.
- The Chamber’s annual Awards Media Information Center briefs press from all over the world on what is happening in Hollywood and is used as an opportunity to distribute Chamber member information and literature.
Assisting the Community
- The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded to assist those in need in the Hollywood community. The foundation supports and advances the educational, cultural, and economic interest of the community by raising funds and issuing grants to qualifying organizations.
Members Save With Hollywood Chamber
Now more than ever the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce recognizes how important providing valuable benefits at low or no cost to our members.
- Take advantage of free, one-on-one business counseling at the Chamber offices. Friday mornings, with advanced reservations, Richard Krelstein of SCORE is available for consultations. SCORE, a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), is a non-profit association dedicated to counseling, mentoring and training small businesses. Contact Vivian@hollywoodchamber.net to book an appointment.
- Bottom line savings are provided to our members through an exclusive discount arrangement with Office Depot. Savings of up to 25 percent on products and services are available as a benefit of membership in the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
- Throughout the year, informational seminars and programs addressing topical issues provide valuable information to help you grow your business. Past topics include “Business Banking” and “How to Use Twitter to Benefit Your Business”.
- A variety of events held throughout the year provide access to hundreds of new contacts. Networking Mixers, luncheons, the annual Business EXPO, informational seminars, and more, offer opportunities to build professional relationships, increase visibility for your business, and add to your pool of potential clients.